Saturday, January 5, 2008

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) in Tubal Reversal Patients

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) can cause ovulation disorders and is more common among overweight women. PCOS is a common disorder and is seen among women undergoing tubal reversal surgery at the same frequency as among women in the general population. For maximizing fertility, PCOS should be treated medically for women after a tubal reversal procedure as indicated.

The following is the topic PCOS in forum Preparing for Tubal Reversal at Tubal Reversal Message Board.


Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on January 04, 2008 09:40 AM: Hi everyone...I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem since their TL. I was just diagnosed with this after an ultrasound from my obgyn. I had my TL in 12/04 and I have gained about 50 pounds and now I have this! Im crampy all the time and I dont cycle at all (its been over 7 mths)....will this stop me from getting a TR you think? My dr says its like a cycle...not ovulating is causing the cysts and the cysts are causing me not to ovulate...I dont know much on this subject so if someone could help me on this, that would be wonderful. The only advice my dr gave is for me to lose weight and to not be so stressed!
Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on January 04, 2008 09:40 AM: I meant PCOS...sorry
Posted by berta8133 (Member # 11188) on January 04, 2008 09:58 AM: Patiently...you can change the Topic Title by clicking on the little piece of paper with the pencil right above your first post...since you started the topic you can change the title, if done quickly, as there is a time limit for all 'edits'. I personally can't contribute any experience with this... hopefully someone will chime in. Good luck. Berta
Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on January 04, 2008 11:21 AM: Thanx, I didn't know that and I felt foolish for not spellind it right...
Posted by berta8133 (Member # 11188) on January 04, 2008 11:41 AM: LOL...it happens!!
Posted by pam mills (Member # 617) on January 04, 2008 02:00 PM: There are varying degrees of Polycystic Ovarian Disease. Some patients have somewhat polycystic looking ovaries, but they are still ovulatory. These patients also do not exhibit the symptoms of true polycystic ovarian disorder. PCOS is an endocrine disorder and a potential cause for infertility. Please read this article from the Mayo Clinic. It describes in good detail the varying degrees of this illness. Feel free to call if you have any further questions. Pam Mills, CRNA
Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on January 04, 2008 05:53 PM: OK, I might have to correct myself....I have cysts on my ovaries and I think they said the left one was a little larger than the right....I guess what I want to know is will this affect me from having a TR?

No comments: